Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cowboy Boots

So every week there is country dancing, swing dancing, and latin dancing here at BYU-Idaho. I never thought I would go. Ha. I've been to country dancing three times, swing dancing twice, and I just got back from latin tonight. Granted, I still can't dance, never could. But I still have fun "trying" to dance and the boys are pretty patient with "newbies" for the most part. Also, I have been having a blast with school and everything here in the Burg. My roommate, Angela, is so awesome. We get along so well and she inspires me to be a better person. I really love all of my roommates: Angela, Maria, Amber, Lauren, and Ashley. They are so wonderful and I have had so much fun with them!


Angela and I before country dancing. We had to break out the boots of course.
Boots.



Love her.One last comment...I have to vent a little. Tuesday I was sitting in my communications class, the teacher hands out some slide notes and gives some instructions. I didn't think her instructions were very clear, so I turned around to whisper to the girl behind me to find out what we were supposed to do. Before I could even finish my question the teacher butts in and says, "Excuse me, could you please move?" Uh...ok. FLASHBACK TO HIGH SCHOOL!!! I seriously got MOVED in class at a UNIVERSITY! I was pretty furious. Not only was I mad because I was humiliated in front of the entire class, but what teacher doesn't like Heidi Hartley? I was teacher's pet in high school! Luckily, I was able to keep my cool and let's just say I am not too fond of that teacher anymore. Other than that...my classes are going fantastic! I'm leaving for a camping trip for my Basic Skills class tomorrow. We are going to Wolverine Canyon, backpacking a mile or two into our camp, staying overnight, and coming home Saturday morning. Backpacking is a whole new world of camping for me! Never done it before, but I'm excited.

1 comment:

Tyler and Aubrey Hartley said...

I'm so happy that things are going well for you. Having awesome roommates makes all the difference. I'm sorry to hear about your stupid teacher. You'd think they would treat you like an adult. Love you!