Friday, September 11, 2009

Job Hunting...


...is not quite as simple as deer hunting. I would much rather be hunting deer instead of jobs right now. Ugh. I think I have filled out twenty applications, sent my resume to thirty businesses, and have received replies from zero of them. Granted I am being a little impatient since I just applied for a few of them in the last three days, but a lot were submitted weeks ago. Today, I just discovered a job for a Studio Assistant at Jason West Photography. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for me because I REALLY want this job. I would be earning $12 an hour, working about 20 hours a week, and doing what I LOVE! And this would really help me professionally because I have recently decided to minor in Photography (BYU-Idaho just made the minor program). Here is the sample of photographs I included with my resume for the position:
Anyway...classes started yesterday. So far so good. I love this school and I love my major. I am excited for what the semester holds! I will keep you posted on the job situation!

3 comments:

Elizabeth & Matthew said...

Good luck with the job hunting! I think you take GREAT pics! That would be a fun job. Let us know how it turns out.

Kimberly and Chris said...

Love the pics! Hope you get the job. It is great to have a job doing what you love!

Hartleys said...

Wow - I hope that job works out! You have quite the portfolio, there! :) Keep us updated!