Friday, September 9, 2011

Blackout

I had full intentions of updating the blog last night until a major blackout swept the southwest. Areas of San Diego, Orange County, Tijuana, and others were without electricity for most of the evening yesterday. But let's catch up.
Monday and Tuesday I had off, so I went to Valley Center to spend some time with my girls. Amber, Maria, and I took an adventure to the little town of Julian where we ate pie, shopped in the little stores, and just enjoyed each others company. Afterwards we went to a BBQ/pool party followed by some self-serve frozen yogurt that evening. Tuesday we made waffles for breakfast, painted nails, and watched Grey's Anatomy. Then I went with a friend to Oceanside beach and we saw a movie and got dinner at Rubio's. Yum!

Wednesday back at the Ranch I had open weight room duty first thing in the morning. After lunch I attended a nutrition presentation about reducing and managing stress via your health. And then in the afternoon I audited the "Nia" dance class...once again, not my favorite but it wasn't as bad the second time. I was also scheduled for sand volleyball, but only one person showed up, so no volleyball. And once again I had open weight room, so I worked out to pass the time.
Thursday I was the leader of the Quail hike. I was even the main leader, who leads the Quail 2 hike, I'm movin' up in the ranks! I then attended a stretch class, followed by a yoga class, and then I headed to the pool for the Hydro-Fit Deep water class. After lunch I attended a nutrition presentation about grocery shopping for people who want to lose weight. Then I had a one-on-one time scheduled with one of the instructors to practice my teaching for the Cardio Muscle Blast class. Shortly after this, the power went out, and the last few days have been extremely hot (high 90's) and it was miserable without the fan.
But here's your Ranch picture of the day. Friday nights in the summer they serve dinner around the central pool and have a live band with dancing. Friday is also the only time they serve wine and beer.

1 comment:

Tyler and Aubrey Hartley said...

Love you and miss you! Can't wait til Thanksgiving.