Saturday, September 10, 2011

Polo

Friday morning I was shepherd for the Alex Oak hike (picture of me at the Oak tree below). At breakfast, I made the morning announcements over the microphone in the dining hall. Good thing I'm not microphone shy! Then I went to the Hydro-Fit Wave class, which is a shallow water workout. In the afternoon I had "Water Polo on a Noodle" duty. I set up the equipment, lead the activity, give instructions/rules, and keep score. It's entertaining. Afterwards I swam a few laps and got a little sun.

Today was a pretty good day. Saturdays are the arrival and departure day here at the Ranch. So we say goodbye to a lot of people and then welcome a bunch of new people. First thing this morning I was the shepherd for the Woodlands hike (the easiest of all the hikes). Then I assisted the Circuit Training class. After lunch, I was scheduled for the "Navigator Program" where guests sign up to meet with a Fitness staff to kind of schedule out their week and ask questions and what not. I like when they actually give me a job that actually requires some knowledge and experience because I feel more valuable. And once again, I had water polo duty, but there wasn't enough participants to actually play a game. This evening, two other instructors and I went out to La Mision, a local restaurant. I ordered the carne asada and it was delicious! Complete with guacamole, tortillas, beans, rice, and an enchilada...not to mention a Diet Coke to top it off. Perfect. And when I returned I had to post the guest sign up sheets for the week. Sign-up sheets are for classes that have limited spaces and/or equipment, so the guests have to sign up in advance.
6 weeks down...8 weeks to go!

No comments: