Saturday, August 13, 2011

Carne Asada

Yep...I did it. I went and got me some real Mexican food. Four carne asada tacos and an orange Fanta if you really want to know. It was glorious! I also went to the "El Centro" which is the center of town where there are little street shops that sell handmade Mexican items. I purchased a little leather sandal keychain, I don't remember what it's actually called. And I want to buy some more stuff the next time I go out, including more Mexican food. Yum!
This morning I was the shepherd for the Professor's hike. A 3.5 mile mountain hike, so a tad bit longer than the ones I've been on so far. And of course there were three ladies in the back who wanted to chit chat and take pictures the whole time, not to mention they were slow hikers to begin with. So it took much longer than it should have. After the hike I was shown how and where to put each week's schedules and posters. Then later I had open weight room duty. This means I monitor the weight room, answer questions as needed, and lock up if it is closing time. It's a rough job, I had a grand total of zero people come work out today. After locking up, I had first aid pack duty. I had to go through all of the packs that we take on hikes and make sure there are the correct supplies in all of the packs. Then I have to sanitize all of the water bottles that are in the packs for the use of cleaning wounds.
When I was finished, we headed into Tecate. There is a girl here from Germany who just graduate high school doing an internship to better her english and spanish because she wants to be a teacher. But she works in every department except for the fitness department, and I only work in the fitness department. So she interacts with a lot more staff than I do, including more staff that are locals of Tecate. So her friend Myra took us to the taco place.
The rest of the afternoon was occupied by pool lounging. My kind of day! Today officially marks 2 weeks. 12 more weeks to go!


No comments: