Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Miercoles

I can't believe its already Wednesday! But then again, I find myself saying "It's only Wednesday?!"
Monday I technically had off because of my messed up schedule last week. However, I just stayed at the Ranch because I had just returned from Escondido on Saturday and with the wait at the border, and gas, and well, what was I going to do in one day? So I slept in, worked out (which technically is part of my internship because I was taking a class I'm interested in teaching). The class is called "Cardio Muscle Blast" and it's an interval style workout that mixes cardio intervals with strength intervals. I'm super sore, it was a great workout! Then later I went out for tacos with Britta (the German intern). I love me some tacos.
Tuesday was a full day! I started my morning off with the Quail hike. I was leader of Quail 1, the easier route. And after breakfast I assisted with a stretch class. Next I was supposed to assist with the circuit class, however, there were only about 4 people so the instructor didn't need help. So I decided to run on the treadmill for like 30 minutes. Then I was scheduled to audit the "Gliding" class. Gliders are a pretty cool workout toy. They are small plastic discs that slide on the ground (made for both hard wood and carpet) and you place them under your feet and/or hands for different moves and exercises. And finally, in the afternoon I assisted with the "L.A.B. Circuit" class. This stands for legs, abs, and back. It's just a 30 minute class that has 10 stations with various exercises for the legs, abs, and back. But I wasn't done yet! I played sand volleyball with the "Policia" team that night. I was pooped!
This morning I went on the Organic Vegetable Garden Breakfast Hike. This hike takes the participants out to the Ranch's very own organic garden where they also have a kitchen and dining room. The hike is about 2 miles out and 2 miles back. We leave at 6:00 in the morning, hike out there, and eat breakfast at the kitchen. After eating, the gardener gives a little tour of the garden and then we head back to the Ranch. There is also an option for guests to stay and do hands-on gardening. The kitchen out there is also where they hold cooking classes and have guest chefs come and present. Luckily I didn't have anything else scheduled that morning, so I showered and took a nap until lunch. Then this afternoon I was in charge of sand volleyball, however, no guests showed up, so I went and got a healthy smoothie instead. Tonight I think Britta and I might go out to a restaurant in town. Hope it's good!

1 comment:

Joy said...

We need pictures on this blog!!! i love reading it but give us a visual also!