Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jamul

Sunday I was shepherd for the Quail hike. Following breakfast I assisted in a stretch class, walking around and helping people with their form and alignment. Then I assisted the circuit training class in the weight room. I think I am most comfortable with things in the weight room, versus stretching and yoga and such (not really my thing). But after that I took off and went to Jamul, CA which is about 30 minutes from the border. My old roommate Xanning (pronounced "Shanning") is currently there for her 7-week summer break from Rexburg. I had Monday off so I got to hang out with her for a day or so. It was nice, we had a steak dinner on Sunday and then Monday we went to the shooting range, out for burritos, and then singles' ward family home evening, which was ultimate frisbee in the park. Then I headed back to my little room at Rancho La Puerta last night.
This week I am only working Tuesday (today), Wednesday, and Thursday. I have Friday and Saturday off because I was attempting to make it to Fallon, Nevada to Candice's wedding on Saturday. However, things didn't work out. Bummer. But I guess it makes for a quick week #3 right?!?

1 comment:

Joy said...

Tell them you want to work in more than just the fitness dept if you need more "time" Get a chance to hang out with the locals. Love Dad