Friday, August 26, 2011

Fotos

By popular demand, I have taken a few photos...but don't worry, there's more to come. First, however, you have to read the update. Well, I mean, I guess you don't have to.
Yesterday I started my morning with the Professor's hike, which is a 3.5 mile mountain hike. I was shepherd, which is starting to become my least favorite position because I always get stuck with some slow old ladies who chit chat and take pictures the entire time. And sometimes, its physically impossible for me to hike as slow as they do, so I'll wait a few minutes to let them get ahead and then catch up, over and over again. After breakfast I attended a stretch class, gathering ideas for my own stretch class that I will be teaching soon. Then I attended "Cardio Muscle Blast" not only because I love the workout, but because I am teaching that in the near future as well. I spent the rest of the afternoon in my room because it has been extremely hot here this week, high 90's every day, so I took a break from the elements. Last night some of the instructors were going to movie at the local movie theater in Tecate. The theater is actually really nice, they play a lot of movies in English, and it only costs like $3. We saw "Midnight in Paris" which I would not suggest, unless you really like Woody Allen films.


Today I hiked the Alex's Oak hike, which is a 2 mile slow-paced mountain hike. There was only three participants and two staff, making it a very small group. Later in the morning I sat in on a Cardio Hip Hop dance class. Once again, much different than Zumba. They just teach a sequence of about 6-8 moves and practice those over and over until they have a final product. I don't think I'm a fan of this format, but it's good research. This afternoon I taught Zumba (video below), then I had "Water Polo on a Noodle" duty. However, nobody showed because word of mouth is that the participants have been playing there own water polo almost everyday this week. So I went into the weight room to enjoy the nice air conditioning and conveniently I had open weight room duty next. I read a book, did some lifting, and then locked up the weight room.

Kuchumaa (Koo-choo-ma) Gym--where I teach Zumba and they hold other dance and aerobic classes.


And here's a song I choreographed. Keep in mind, most of the people that come here have never done Zumba and aren't extremely great with dancing and choreography, so I kept it extremely simple.


3 comments:

Justin & Allison Harmon said...

nice job Heidi! I do enjoy the pictures :)

Joy said...

Great Job!!

Hartley Family said...

fun to see what Zumba is all about - I still haven't gone to a class! I was cracking up at the guy in the back of the class!