Friday, August 5, 2011

Coons

This morning I was the shepherd for the Alex Oak hike. While on the hike I talked with a lady from San Diego. Most of the guests here are from San Diego or surrounding cities because it is so close. But anyway, I told the woman that I was from Idaho. She then replied with, "Oh, you don't have many hills to climb in Idaho." Uh....I then informed her that Idaho is very mountainous. Towards the end of the hike she told me that she was thinking of Iowa earlier. People continue to astonish me every day. 

After the hike and breakfast I did my laundry and then went to the pool for H2O Sports Conditioning. Then this afternoon I attended a "Balance and Coordination" class, an "Egoscue Method" class (Google it...postural therapy...I thought it was a bunch of bologne), and lastly, "Restorative Yoga". Friday nights they move dinner outside to surround the pool and have a live band and dancing.

I began my stroll back to my little room in the dark. I always get a little creeped out because the bushes always move and you hear things as you walk by because of various lizards, squirrels, or birds. But as I'm approaching the little walkway that leads back to my place, there was a big rustling of bushes. There was a raccoon staring me down and 2 or 3 of his friends behind him. I tried yelling and clapping to scare them off but they weren't the least bit afraid of me and the first one even started hissing at me. So I walked back to the employee lounge, had someone call security to come and take care of the raccoons. He walks me back to my place and of course, no raccoons in sight. I looked like an idiot. Oh well, I didn't get attacked by a raccoon!

No comments: